[ale] Konqueror bothering

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Mar 14 11:37:59 EST 2003

On Friday 14 March 2003 10:56 am, Sunmeet Saluja wrote:
> Hi Aron,
>
> Thanks for the cool advice, but unfortunately, I'm unable to find the
> default URL hadler setting in KDE control center.  Can you help me find
> this particular setting?

The way I would try is to use the konqueror Settings menu to "Configure
Konqueror", then go to "File Associations".  Open "text" type and select
html.  You may have to add Netscape to the to the list of prefered
applications, then move it to the top of the list.

Netscape used to have a nice way to send it a URL and it would open in an
already running Netscape if there was one, and start Netscape if none was
running.  I don't recall the exact parameters, but see if you can find it.
It will make startup much more efficient.

Michael