[ale] PowerSpec (microcenter) pcs?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Mar 10 09:17:07 EST 2003

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I know you guys love to support and push Linux but Windows still has a
> place on the desktop.  The last thing I need is to be supporting Linux
> desktops for all my family.  It's not worth it.

What?  Okay, if you've got to support windows software that doesn't have
a comparable Linux alternative, then maybe.  But, I'll tell you, you'll
spend a lot less time providing support to the Linux boxes then you will
to the windows boxes.

I used to deal with problems on my mother-in-law's win95 box at least
once a month.  I've since converted her to RH and I've not had to do
anything to that box since it was converted.  All she does in email and
web stuff.

My daughter has a dual boot linux/win98 because she's got a ton of games
that I'm pretty sure won't run on Linux (win4lin, xwine..).  Too many
games to make the effort.  She boots to windows to play the games.  She
uses Linux for word processing, email and internet connectivity.  Again,
I've only had to deal with problems on that box when it was in windows.
  Typically, a game locks up and we're doing a reboot.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...