[ale] PowerSpec (microcenter) pcs?

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Sun Mar 9 23:21:59 EST 2003

There you go.  The perfect solution.  Monarch Computers
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/ are also pretty good for hardware.  The
bargain basement (new) system nowadays is a 2GHz processor on a board with a
total cost of $150 which is big enough for anything.

Win4Lin is a great solution.  I used it for several months and ran both
Outlook and MS Office on it as well as Evolution and Star Office on the
Linux side as a comparison.  Windows on Win4Lin opened up amazingly fast and
was only a window/app.  Completely stable and usable.  You already have the
Windows 98 license, so no cost there, Win4Lin is about $60 and they had
great support and upgrades when I used them.

For Win virii I would install Norton or some such on the Windows partition
on Win4Lin - treat it just like a single machine.  If the Windows system
comes down, you just restart it in a different window.

Good Luck,

Greg