[ale] PowerSpec (microcenter) pcs?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sun Mar 9 21:58:41 EST 2003

On Sunday 09 March 2003 16:47, George Johnson wrote:
> I find it MUCH more fun to build your own PC.  This way you get what you
> want not junk the oem sticks in there to get rid of.
>
> gj

Better still is that you can put Linux on a built machine straight away, and
avoid all the extortion payments to the criminal monopoly.

There is seriously no reason for John not to help his dad to a Linux / OO
system for desktop, home office and internet... unless he has some specialty
application to support. With the added efficiencies he could consider picking
up a used 300/400mhz system for $150-200 and get out cheap.

peace
aaron