[ale] PowerSpec (microcenter) pcs?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Mar 9 11:11:41 EST 2003

I've got 3 relatives on Ginstar PC's.  They seem to operate well and are
priced well.  May not be what you are looking for.

One thing to consider is where the chips and boards are manufactured.
To me almost all standard components are produced in Asia.  When you buy
a PC, especially Dell, you'll find out that the Ginstar PC and the Dell
have many of the same chipset.  It all depends on what models you buy to
see if they match.

Due to this, I've never been really convinced of the need to spend so
much more on a PC purchase.  Ginstar offers a really good warranty with
their products.  I've have had a few problems but they were fixed with
ease and speed.  We have *many* Ginstar boxes.  Others may have had a
bad experince, but 95% of our experience has been great.