[ale] Filesystems for databases and HA systems

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Sun Mar 9 09:33:08 EST 2003

Hi all,

  Two questions about file systems.

1) I'm looking for the lesser of two evils to put a MySQL-Max(Innodb) database on for dbmail.  I'm thinking either XFS or Reiserfs, but I don't know how either will perform with a database on top.  Can anyone enlighten me?

2) I'm looking for a HA style shared file system (ideally, two hosts mounting the same fs at the same time).  I've come across GFS (non-free), Lustre-lite, Intermezzo, coda and AFS as the most likely candidates.  Can anyone share their experiences with these?  How do you folks running (open)mosix share your file systems?

--
Lost in Tokyo,
  Keith