[ale] Failure in creating custom boot/root rescue floppies.........

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Fri Mar 7 22:30:17 EST 2003

Greetings !

I need to create a custom boot/root floppy set because I need to load an
unsupported driver [under RedHat6.1 {2.2.12-20} which for reasons
irrelevant to this problem I must continue using].

I've got the boot floppy satisfactorily loading said driver. But.....

my problem is that "init" dynamically depends on a couple of shared
objects that are 4.5MB in total size. So when I insert the root floppy,
as requested by the boot floppy, I get the error message "Kernel Panic:
No init found. Try passing init= to kernel."

Init is on the boot floppy but not the shared objects, of course, as
explained above.

How can this be properly handled given the constraints, for gzip is not
going to surmount this ? Is there a static init that is used for this
and if so, where is it please ?

Appreciatively,
Courtney

dated 12/21/02,

".....we have a president purchased by corporations in a sham election
who has put those corporations in charge of their own regulation. A
string of corporate scandals has exposed the myth of shareholder
control....."

Mark Spohr	Tahoe City, Ca. [1/18/03]