[ale] linux on pa-risc other then debian

Ray Knight audilover at atlantabroadband.com
Sat Mar 8 02:58:12 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 14:48, Geoffrey wrote:
> Hmmm, something to play with.  So, this thing does not have a floppy or
> a cdrom drive, what are my options?  Anyone???
>
> James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > At the moment, there is not another. HP backed the initial porting
> > process so they would not touch any "commercial" distro.
> >
> > The last time I was tinkering with it, it was pretty good. The install
> > was the usual debian nightmare, but the apt-get upgrading made it
> > (almost) worth he pain :)
> >

> > On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 13:06, Geoffrey wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone know if there's another distribution that has been ported to hp
> >>pa-risc other than debian??

The box has an external SCSI port correct?  I have an external Sun
CD-ROM that you're welcome to borrow for the installation.   You can
also net boot a pa-risc machine if I remember correctly.  I've installed
OpenBSD on an old HP 9000/300 using the netboot method.  I'm pretty sure
you could install Debian using a tftp image as well.  Let me know if I
can be of assistance.

Ray