[ale] [OT] electronics components parts store

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Mar 6 10:24:05 EST 2003

On Thursday 06 March 2003 07:34, Christopher Ness wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 March 2003 05:38 pm, Steve Long wrote:
> > My wife used to work at RS they will charge you at least twice as much as
> > anybody else will.

When I saw "RS" I thought it was a reference RadioShack as well. Where is RS
located??

> > Take a look at Audio Clinic at Buford Hwy. and 285.

I hadn't considered them since the one time I walked in years ago the walls of
speaker cones made me think they were strictly audio. Will have to scope them
out. Thanks for the lead.

<snip>
> Austin? How do they keep the doors open?
> Are they really a business? Or a
> money laundering front for the Mafia? For that matter, are they still open?
<snip>

To answer all your questions in a different order:

Yes, Austin is still open! And yes, it is still a great place, IMHO!

I was there last week. Unfortunately they are not currently open on Saturdays
or I would have saved about $40 and a couple hours of hunting parts for a
[multi-monitor / one computer] KVM switch project; they had everything on the
shelves and for really fair prices. As it was, I had to return during the
week to pick up the last few cables I needed and couldn't find at the several
computer shops across Jimmy Carter Blvd from them.

I think they keep their doors open with a respectable, unique, and slightly
eclectic inventory, friendly service and great prices. During the 45 minutes
I was browsing there on a Tuesday morning they served several other customers
and took 3 or 4 phone orders.

And Since the owner's sirname isn't Gates and they aren't one of the other
large international corporations, it is highly unlikely that they have any
connections with organized crime and/or the present executive branch. :-)

peace
(after justice)
aaron