[ale] Measuring DSL performance

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Tue Mar 4 23:32:51 EST 2003

OK, here are some resources from Greg's Big Link Library.  They deal with
network management etc...  I checked all links for being active and that's
about all.  Network management is something that is in my near future but I
have too many projects now that need to be taken care of first.

http://www.nmops.org/links.html

http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html#audit_overview

http://etherape.sourceforge.net

http://www.nagios.org/

I *think* nbtdump for windows9 [58] is close to what you want also.

Of course, I just use the statistics off of my Smoothwall firewall.  See
www.smoothwall.org or the forked project
http://www.ipcop.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/IPCop/WebHome This firewall has them
over a period of time and you can modify how the logs are rotated.  I am
sure if you hit their list group you can find out how they are doing it.

Well, this is about it for what I have on hand.  To make a valid test, you
need to hit the same site and have provisions for insuring both accuracy and
precision, so I am thinking the dslreports site is your best bet.

Good Luck,

Greg Canter