[ale] Spam and fetchmail

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Mar 4 10:38:05 EST 2003

So you get your email from youe ISP with fetchmail, then spamassassin
cleans it up and then you can access it locally?

I've been working on getting that same process, with one additional
step, and it just isn't happening. The additional step is to filter the
email through f-prot virus scanner. The receiving clients all use
windbloze outbreak express as mail clients. Between the spam and the
bugs, it's amazing they can get anything done.

Well, the nt4 server they do file sharing on that has no antivirus
software doesn't help.

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 10:24, Jason Day wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 09:37:10AM -0500, Chris Fowler wrote:
> > Is anyone using fetchmail with a spam deletion program?  I just got
> > fetchmail and imap configured.  Now I want to elimante some spam.
>
> I've been using spamassassin[1] for a few months now.  It works pretty
> well.  Occasionally a spam will seep through, and I just forward it
> straight to spamcop.  The only false positives I've got have been either
> posts to bugtraq containing javascript exploits, or mail from someone
> using an ISP listed in razor.
>
> [1] http://www.spamassassin.org/
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part