[ale] Samba tricks?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Mar 4 07:01:27 EST 2003

Thus spake Geoffrey (esoteric at 3times25.net):

> Jason Day wrote:
> >On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 07:29:30PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> >
> >>Neither Robert nor I said anything about automagically downloading
> >>drivers.
> >

> >Sorry, I misunderstood.  I just recently setup CUPS on one of my boxes
> >at home, and while researching CUPS and samba I saw a howto for the
> >automagic driver download to clients.  Both Robert's original message
> >and his followup led me to believe that was what he was looking for.
>
> No apologies necessary.  The good thing about the on going discussion is
> that I (and possibly Robert) learned that you could use a Samba share in
> such a way.  I certainly was not aware of that possibility.

Alot of times I'll ask questions to the list so I can new ways of doing
things how I normally wouldn't.  This is one we thought of but you never
know there may be a different way that's easier for the windows guy
which we hadn't thought of as it's not how we normally do things.  Yeah,
there are always some elitists (not meaning anyone on this thread) who
like to chime in but what you can learn from ALE far outweighs the
uselessness of those who think they should be born with all the
knowledge of the universe.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net