[ale] CRISIS -> boot/root floppy needed..........

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Mon Mar 3 12:08:34 EST 2003

Thank you James for the, as always, excellent help.

I have a kernel on the HD with all needed drivers/modules. All I need is
the root disk. My boot floppy asks for a root floppy.

The boot floppy allows me to successfully load the mandatory HD driver.
After bootup, I can insmod the others.

Pardon my ignorance but reading mkbootdisk, mkinitrd, & Co.,....making a
root disk remains opaque.

HOW do you make a root [NOT boot] floppy ? Is there a URL you are aware
of that gives detailed instruction ?

I find no one that is able to say, "how you make a root floppy is

Appreciatively,
Courtney