[ale] server load testing

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Sun Mar 23 21:46:19 EST 2003

A long time ago, (23.03.03), in a galaxy far, far away, Mike Lockhart wrote:

:=Ok, i need to find a way to do some serious load testing on a couple
:=servers to see how they do under normal/high/extreme loads.  Any ideas?
:=Someone mentioned to me earlier writing a perl script that spews out
:=tons of child processes.

If you don't mind going commercial, LoadRunner's a good tool, especially if
you're loading down web servers.  I know you can test other things than web
servers, but LoadRunner does those out of the box.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's