[ale] easy first distro for a non-linux person?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 27 12:15:57 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 11:24:10PM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> Jason Day wrote:
> >On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 10:08:13PM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> >[snip]
> >
> >>You bloody can't beat that.
> >

> >apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
> >
> >;-)
>
> You're still at the command line and you don't have any idea what it's
> doing.

Ok.  apt-get update; apt-get -u upgrade

;-)

> The average person is going to be more comfortable with the gui.
> To each his/her own though.

Agreed.  This was just an attempt at humor, but I also wanted to point
out that "easier" is subjective.  I would certainly never recommend
Debian to someone who's never used linux before, but I personally will
take APT over yast any day.  To each his own.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9