[ale] up2date on RH 9

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Jun 27 10:58:42 EDT 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 08:49 am, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do not have my RH 9 box registered with RedHat so I
> can not use up2date to download updates.  Actually, my demo
> period has expired.

I'd recommend apt-get for rpms: http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/
Here's a redhat repository:
http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/scripts/apt-rpm.html

> I've written a perl script that downloads uodates from
> ftp.oss.cc.gateh.edu and automatically installs them.  This

If you are going that route you might want to check out autorpm
<http://www.autorpm.org/> (also available through rpmfind.net).  It is a
pretty slick perl script system for doing exactly that.

> latest update is not there yet.  Does anyone know the average
> time an update will migrate to a mirror?

No clue.  Sorry.

Michael