[ale] HELP, Keyboard mapping

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jun 27 09:06:32 EDT 2003

Mazukna, Thomas wrote:
> HI,
>
> as a proud owner of recently installed SuSE 8.2 I have a problem. The
> numeric keypad DOT puts in a COMMA! my primary use of it is typing in
> IPs. How frustrating is that...... And who came up with idea to map
> it to comma? How do I change that ?

Check out xkeycaps.

For what it's worth, I've recently installed a wireless logitech mouse
and keyboard.  Sweet.  Has a bunch of extra buttons across the top that
I have set up to use for other functionality, and xkeycaps was
functional in doing this.  Also useful in remapping those useless
windows keys.

Further, I've just noted that my numeric keypad works fine, although I
never use it.

Another useful tool is xev.  It creates a window that will report the
key values for keys/mouse when you select that window and then depress
any key/mouse button/mouse movement.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...