[ale] easy first distro for a non-linux person?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jun 27 08:05:05 EDT 2003

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I disagree Geoffrey.

You disagree that the ave. person is going to be more comfortable with a
gui?  We're not talking the ave. Linux user, we're talking the ave.
computer user, who, in most cases have never used a command line.

> Jason believes that it is easier to (get root) then type apt-get update?

Yast2 or apt-get, you need to be root.

> Try this: Most things in Suse can be configured using only the mouse.

With the glaring exception of Samba, as we've noted.  Looks like there's
a need for YAST2 and webadmin.  But then again, why use both?
Unfortunately, it appears that webadmin does not come with SuSE, at
least 8.1.  I've not checked my 8.2 box.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...