[ale] Grub and SCSI failures

Allan Neal allanneal at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 26 22:15:12 EDT 2003

I am trying to install Gentoo Linux on a Compaq ML370 with the Symbios
SCSI controller.  I have the module loaded and the disk is all good.  I
have the partitions setup and am tying to install GRUB on the MBR.

I type grub and then at the grub prompt I put in:
grub> root (sd0,0)

and I get an error saying:
Error E37: Error reading number

or something like that.   So I try grub-install /dev/sda and it gives me
errors saying that it can't read the contents of df and that there is no
mount point for /boot.

Anyone have similar problems or have any ideas?

Allan
--

 PGP signature