[ale] easy first distro for a non-linux person?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jun 26 18:09:38 EDT 2003

Thomas Holmquist wrote:
> I Say Debian and webmin.
>
> you can setup a cron-job to automatically check + install updates.

You can do the same with SuSE..

> And if she needs an application, all she has to do is type apt-get
> install mozilla (as an example).

If she needs an application, but has no idea what it's name is, she
opens up YAST2, selects the install/remove software icon, selects the
search option, selects what she wants to search in:

Name, Summary, description, provides, requires

Select search mode:

contains, begins with, exact match, use wildcards, use reg ex.

Seems to me that's going to be a lot easier for a newbie.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...