[ale] Raid

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Sat Jun 21 20:59:59 EDT 2003

Now without reformatting.  If you KNOW you're getting a 4th drive in the
very near future and can handle some risk, you can build a RAID5 with
the 3 you have now and mark the 4th as your parrity.  When you get the
4th you can put it in and sync it.  If you do this though and one of the
current drives dies you can kiss your data goodbye.

Robert

Thus spake Greg (runman at speedfactory.net):