[ale] OT: T-Mobile TAP/Pet numbers?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Fri Jun 20 10:53:29 EDT 2003

Close to on topic as this is to help a Linux admin get off a skytel
pager that's lagging like mad.  A page will be sent and arrive up to 18
hours later.  Not good when he gets paged at 3:00am and at 3:15 it pages
me if he doesn't respond.

He has a T-Mobile phone which will do 2 way text messages.  If I can
find a TAP/PET phone number for them I can set up his phone as his
pager.  The one number I found for Vstream (merged with TMobile a while
back) at 18009378941 says it's been disconnected.  The system will
eventually fail over to using email with an address of
<phonenumber>@tmomail.net but that still gives a good bit of lag and can
be troublesome if their mail servers are bogged down or the net is
having issues (see slammer worm).

Any chance anyone might have a T-Mobile PET/TAP number or a good
starting point?  Google gave one site which gave the above number for
vstream but thats it so far.

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu