[ale] Help! [Fwd: NFS problems]

Jerry Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Fri Jun 20 08:54:04 EDT 2003

	could it be the user has different numeric UID on NFS
client/server? If this is the case,  'ls -ld /home/user' will
show under the owner column either a number , or a user name different
from what you expected. To make it work, you either have to match the
numeric UID by receating the user on the client or server, or you have to
use more permissive permission on file/directory you need access to.