[ale] Suse or Red Hat? (yes, yes, i know here we go again...)

drew nobody at ale.org
Thu Jun 19 11:12:01 EDT 2003

> I am not farmiliar with Suse, but it seems that other than ordering it (I
> don't mind buying) all I can download is a LiveCD.  Does their FTP install
> work well?

The ftp install wins the "Drew Brown Excellence Award." Even when I am
careless it works flawlessly every time. Still, it is good to start it and
then leave it installing overnight. SOMETIMES it will say it cannot find a
package (and you will wake up to an error message). Click "retry" and it will
resume and finish.

(Please be aware that I live in a broadband neglected area of
> the South.)
I have not done dial-up.