[ale] OT:VPN experts...

miguel miguelq at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 17 20:26:12 EDT 2003

hello

both my wife and I use nortel access client software to vpn to our
different workplaces.
although my RO318 netgear router supports ipsec passthrough only one of
us can connect
at the same time. if we both try to connect at the same time, one
connection/tunnel won't disconnect, but gets trashed or something like it.

so, i tried the linksys befsx41(supports 2 vpn tunnels) router. treid
together a couple of times, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

I am beginning to understand VPN,but i don't understand if we both have
what i think separate tunnels...then what is the problem?

our IT network dudes don't give us the params for the company VPN
servers, so cannot config the
liknsys router....the say the software should be enough.

any hints appreciatted....

-miguel