[ale] Linux lockup issue

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 17 10:52:05 EDT 2003

Chris,

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 10:18, Chris Woodruff wrote:
> I will go back to using nv drivers I guess and see what happens.  Thanks for
> the update.  The other interesting thing with this machine is that trying to
> install Mandrake 9.1 gets a hang during the initial module dependency search
> before the installer starts.  So there may be HW issues.  I am looking just
> to scrap the machine as a win32 only box and make a new Athlon 2600+
> machine.

	Something similar to that was covered on the XFS list, too.  In the
case of >= 1GB of mem, the framebuffer stuff doesn't work right.  You
have to specify "linux vga=0" or somesuch on the boot command line.

	Wait, lemme find the archive, so I can reference it here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-xfs&m=105585540310280&w=2

	HTH!

Danny