[ale] ID photo database

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jun 17 05:47:15 EDT 2003

Kevin Krumwiede wrote:
> I sold a couple digital cameras to the local rescue mission.  They
> explained that they're going to photograph everyone they take in, and
> eventually they'd like to be able to type in a name and pull up the
> person's picture.
>
> I think this an ideal opportunity to promote Free Software.  I looked
> around SourceForge but didn't see anything that fit the bill.  Any
> suggestions?

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for.  You could throw together a
small web/db solution that would fit the bill, but I guess you're
looking for something that's already in place.  Really though, it's no
more a bunch of:

entries, not too painful..  I would think that would be even better than
having to type in the name.  Further, various spellings could cause
problems with locating the person.  Like looking for "John Smith" when
it's been entered as "Jon Smyth."

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...