[ale] SSL Homepage

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 12 09:23:44 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 18:09, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 13:39, Fletch wrote:
>
> > Failing that, find someone willing to pose as a 150$ / hour contractor
> > and have them hired to tell them it's not necessary . . .
>
> I will do even better. I will offer my services to build a more capable
> machine that is capable of serving up ALL of the pages using SSL to a
> maximum of 10 million hits per day. Complete with automatic fail-over
> redundancy and and fully automatic tape backup for up to 1TB of tape
> storage and remote administration.
>
> When do they need it?

I just purchased a system like this... fail-over services, 1.7TB RAID 5,
3.3 TB (20 Tape) SDLT Changer.  Everything, including new KVM, 24-port
managed GigE switch, and necessary cabling was $55,000.  Could have
saved some money had I gone with IDE HDDs, but this machine needs the
advantages of SCSI.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks
--