[ale] OT - old hardware

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Thu Jun 12 08:30:17 EDT 2003

A long time ago, (12.06.03), in a galaxy far, far away, John Marasco wrote:

:=I purchased a system from them about six months ago for my daughter.  It's been running constantly for six months issue free.  I paid about $125 and I believe it's a 400 or 600 MHz PII/PIII with 64-128 MB RAM.
:=
:=Obviously your mileage varied but for a local vendor the prices make these machines good deals.  EBay has better deals but then again you're dealing with a lot more unknowns and hassles if something goes wrong.

When going the EBay route for hardware, if the purchase is something
sizeable I always tend to restrict my searching to my geographical area for
two reasons: shipping is lower and it's easier to check the merchandise so I
don't have to ship it back in case of a DOA (which tends to happen more
often with systems than with components, in my experience).

Ooh, look.  P4 1.7Ghz in Cartersville for 152.50  And it looks like the same
seller has a Celeron 700Mhz for 51.00.  Both have a couple of days left on
them.  If I didn't already have too little space, I'd consider bidding.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's