[ale] Spam Assasin, Popfilter, and the like...

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Wed Jun 11 09:37:11 EDT 2003

i am currently using popfilter to filter email on 17 email accounts and am pleased with the results (98+% correct).  recently though i have noticed that (apparently) popfilter is "hogging" my bandwidth.  (note: i use dial-up)  as long as popfilter is playing by itself, or no active surfing is happening, things roll along just fine.  if i start researching anything i have to kill popfilter in order to surf.

is this common with these type of filters?  i haven't used Spam Assasin or Bogofilter so i was hoping that others might give me a little insight to this situation.

oh, and i have noticed this with both windows and linux, so that leads me to believe it is a software issue.

Preston

--
"Aim towards the Enemy"
(Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher)