[ale] apache ftp description

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Tue Jun 10 19:47:25 EDT 2003

Hi guys - hopefully this is an easy question.  The latest versions of
apache support "Descriptions" for filenames when viewed ala ftp (and
indexes I think).  For example, at:
http://ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/kde/stable/3.1.2/src/  and many other
sites, you'll see a Description field.  I'd like to start seeing this
used more, and I'd like to implement it myself in order to help
proliferate it (hopefully).  Here's the cunundrum:

Everywhere I search for documentation on it, I wind up looking at
examples and ftp/index links - but no documentation.  Has anyone used
this function or can anyone point me to something useful that I read?  I
think I'm not looking in the right places...

Thanks in advance,
CB