[ale] DEVFS and /dev don't match

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 9 20:28:26 EDT 2003

While updating my Mandrake 9.1 box via urpmi, I got the following
message during the lilo update:

Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory structure.
    Name change: '/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc' -> '/dev/sda'
    The kernel was compiled with DEVFS_FS, but 'devfs=mount' was omitted
        as a kernel command-line boot parameter; hence, the '/dev'
directory structure does not reflect DEVFS_FS device names.

Just want to know where to start in attempting to fix this.

Thanks.

 This is a digitally signed message part