[ale] webcam

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jun 8 20:55:15 EDT 2003

Stephen Turner wrote:
> hey whats a good linux supported web cam? and the best app to use?

I prefer an s-video or composite camera and a capture card.  I find usb
cameras to be much slower.  You can purchase a capture card and camera
for around $45.

As for apps, depends on what you want to do.  I use xawtv for viewing,
and motion for getting snaps generated by motion detection.  There are
web apps available if that's what you're looking to do, I rolled my own
a while back, but don't currently use it.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...