[ale] Spam Assasin + Bayesian Filters

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jun 5 10:03:17 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 09:34, Jason Day wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 10:28:34PM -0400, attriel wrote:
> > Does this work for a daemon non-root install?  I never got it to do config
> > files with that setup, but since I have multiple accounts and lots of
> > mail, I'd really rather do the spamd centralized, and I always prefer
> > non-root :(
>
> Yes, it does work, but it's not easy or intuitive.  Here's how I did it:

Fantastic!!!  If I might suggest: Get this published on the LinuxDocs
site ASAP and send it up to the Spamassassin group.

I'm off to Supercomm. Later to night, I will look at what it takes to
implement this along with spamd into Mailscanner. It uses the perl
version and can bog down under load.

A local copy of the RBL's has been suggested on another forum to speed
up spamassassin. I can't locate the reference at the moment, but there
was a blurb about one of the sites setting up an anonymous rsynch server
for the spam database list.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part