[ale] mdadm vs raidtools

Drag0n dragon at atlantacon.org
Wed Jul 30 17:08:42 EDT 2003

In actuality, they are not mutualy exlusive, it is easy to run both at
the same time. As for preferences as to which is better, neither, they
both have their uses. Slackware only installs the raid tools, so you
have to start with those. But i have encountered a situation where 2
drives superblocks were out of sync in a 6 drive array, i was only able
to get them to sync back up with mdadm, so i keep both on the system. of
course Your milage may vary.

Drag0n
dragon at atlantacon.org

--