[ale] Cheap, Linux Friendly dial-up ISP

Nathan J. Underwood lists at cybertechcafe.net
Wed Jul 30 09:01:21 EDT 2003

Everyone,

     My Dad got me into computers to start with (early 1980's), and we've been
hacking away ever since.  He's stayed in the Win32 world (what he refers to as
his comfort zone), and I've branched out into everything that I could find
(pretty much).  Lately, I've been trying to get him into Linux, and I believe
that I've got his attention, but he won't budge till I can get him online at or
below what he's currently paying for an account ($9.99 / month, with pop-ups and
a proprietary dialer).  I've not shopped for dial-up since 1997, so I'm at a
loss (headed to dslreports.com after I finish this e-mail).  Anyone out there
got any suggestions?  The requirements are simply this:

 - Linux Friendly
 - Decent Speeds (for dial-up)
 - Reliability
 - <= $9.99 per month, unlimited access

I've set him up with e-mail through one of my domains, so an e-mail account
isn't really even necessary.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

--
Nathan J. Underwood
nathan at cybertechcafe.net
http://www.cybertechcafe.net