[ale] mdadm vs raidtools

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Sun Jul 27 14:27:30 EDT 2003

Does anyone have any opinions on which is better ?  I thought that mdadm was
a newer and better program than mdadm, but I just read on the O'Reilly site
that raidtools is/are still being developed, as well as having a stable
history.  I am currently using raidtools on an AMD 700 MHZ with 3 200 GB
disks in a RAID 5 array that will be used to store mainly home made movies
and mp3s.

Is one more reliable than the other ?  Would one work better with ext3 ?

Danny - your opinions are especially appreciated.

TIA

Greg