[ale] Job requirements

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sun Jul 27 08:55:52 EDT 2003

On Sunday 27 July 2003 03:33, Stephen Touset wrote:

> "5+ years experience with Exchange 2000/ 2003 design, implementation,
> and migration planning"

I had an email exchange with a head hunter last week who wouldn't back down
on a similar requirement for Citrix Metaframe XPe until I sent her the link
to the original press release announcing product availability. She said the
contract had already been awarded to someone who met the requirement, so
the press release was obviously in error. The tech community desperately
needs a better solution for contract work than this. Traditional recruiters
are ok for most long term positions as the company has time to evaluate the
candidate better, but I believe they are doing companies a disservice by
essentially awarding contracts based on buzzwords. This particular job did
not even require an interview with the actual employer. Everything was done
by the recruiter. The company ended up with a contractor who lied to get
the job. Nevermind the fact that the recruiter forced the situation...the
company now has someone who is willing to compromise his or her integrity
to make a buck. That is a serious problem.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security