[CHAOS] Re: [ale] P.M.S. Tally so far..

Debrihmi debrihmi at chaos706.org
Sat Jul 26 20:55:51 EDT 2003

I would agree, but user perception does play a big roll in what is generally
accepted.  My interest in this is just that User Perception, I only wish that
I had the means to change all that.  I'm big on apt-get so I stick with what
works for me; if a standard was to be implemented, I'm sure it would not be
received unanimously..  However, anyone that would like to do deeper research
into the matter is more than welcome to..  Please let me know what you come up
with..

~
Debrihmi

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:32:30 -0400, Geoffrey wrote
> I would go a bit deeper on the research there.  Just because someone
> says I use 'foo' it's the best!  Doesn't necessarily mean it is the
> best.  Let's get some real data here.  If your only experience with
> computers is Microsoft, then it's going to be the best,,,,, and the worst.
>
> Debrihmi wrote:
> > The tally (so far) for the preferred Package Management System question asked
> > earlier is as stated below:
> >
> > apt-get: 4
> >
> > SuSE Yast/RPM: 2
> >
> > Mandrake's RPM: 1
> >
> > Slackware's checkinstall: 2 (one split with apt-get)
> >
> > Current Package Management just fine: 1
> >
> > ~
> > Debrihmi
> > --
> > Member, "Chattahoochee Area Open Source" (http://chaos706.org)
> > Member, "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts (ALE)" (http://ale.org)
> >
> > -=[ Ask me about Linux and be Amazed ]=-

> The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
> Think about it...

~
Debrihmi