[ale] KMail, hyperlinks

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Fri Jul 25 22:47:26 EDT 2003

On Monday 21 July 2003 18:05, David Corbin wrote:
> When I click on a link in KMail, I have it so it now invokes mozilla,
> instead of Konquerer.  However, it's invoking it by with a reference to a
> non-existent file ~/.kde/share/apps/kfmexec/tmp/25469.0. instead of the
> URL.
>
> Any ideas what I've done wrong?  The number in the filename changes with
> each click.

For the archive....

The answer is that your "fileassociations" should be configured so that it
launches "mozilla %u", not "mozilla".  The %u tells KMail (kde?) that the
application can handle URLs, and not just files.

Of course, KMail is very stupid about how it does this (Basically Konquerer
downloads it first, and then it gets passed to Mozilla where it downloads it
again), but at least I can click on links in email messages and get them
where/how I want.