[CHAOS] Re: [ale] Package Management System

Debrihmi debrihmi at chaos706.org
Fri Jul 25 20:34:48 EDT 2003

I've been eyeing SuSE myself.  I'm very impressed with the 8.2 Live CD; and
now that I know that the deps are handled, I might have to break down this up
coming month and pick it up..

~
Debrihmi

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:54:17 -0400, Geoffrey wrote
> Amid all the .deb fans, I'll go with the combination of rpm and
> Yast2 from SuSE.  Bottom line is, you don't even know it's rpm
> based. Whenever you want to install/remove software, you select it
> and Yast2 handles the dependenciess automagically.  It's a no
> brainer and it's a gui. :)
>
> Debrihmi wrote:
> > Hello there!
> >
> > Most everybody agrees that one of the greatest stumbling blocks to the mass
> > adoption of Linux is this Package Management System (or lack there-of)..
> >
> > If one a Package Management System were to be adpoted across the board, what
> > would you vote for, AND WHY..  Or do you think we should "go back to the
> > drawing board?"..
> >
> > ~
> > Debrihmi
> > --
> > Member, "Chattahoochee Area Open Source" (http://chaos706.org)
> > -=[ Ask me about Linux ]=-

> The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
> Think about it...

~
Debrihmi
--
Member, "Chattahoochee Area Open Source" (http://chaos706.org)
Member, "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts (ALE)" (http://ale.org)

-=[ Ask me about Linux and be Amazed ]=-