[ale] Registering a Domain Name

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Jul 24 08:39:14 EDT 2003

Thus spake J.M. Taylor (jtaylor at onlinea.com):

> Have to add my .02 -- directnic.com
>
> I register my domain names with them, and use their DNS service too...have
> done business with them for 2 years now and absolutely 0 complaints.
>
> BTW - if she's found a web company that won't do domain registration --
> tell her to please change hosts!  Any web company that can't/won't
> register a domain name isn't worth any money paid to it...there are
> zillions of cheap, good (linux based even) hosts out there with all-in-one
> packages for like $8 a month.
>
> jenn
>

> Robert Heaven said:
> > My sister (in Redneckville Alabama) want's to register a .com domain
> > name. She's found some web hosting companies but they won't do the name
> > registration. What's the easiest and reasonably priced way?

I have to second the second paragraph (say that 200 times fast).

I'd also throw out my own bit to go with register.com.  They've been
great for me.  Very easy set up, good price and great support.  They
ALWAYS have checked verification I am who I say I am when I call to make
changes (network is down or IP has changed so I can't do the email
update method, etc) and the longest hold call time I had was about 45
minutes with an average of less than 3 to get an operator.

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER: