[ale] Registering a Domain Name

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Wed Jul 23 21:10:07 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 19:48, Robert Heaven wrote:
> My sister (in Redneckville Alabama) want's to register a .com domain
> name. She's found some web hosting companies but they won't do the name
> registration. What's the easiest and reasonably priced way?

Whatever she does, make sure the registrar is on the accredited list at
http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

Personally, I use http://www.valueweb.com for hosting and registration. They
use NSI as the registrar (last 2 year at least) so the price isn't that
great, but I really don't have to worry about some other registrar holding
my domain hostage. If NSI goes bust (not likely), Valueweb offers me a
guaranteed price with a new registrar.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security