[ale] OT: FAQ: Where to recycle computers

Robert E. Karaffa, II rkaraff at emory.edu
Wed Jul 23 16:09:26 EDT 2003

on the same topic, I was trying to figure out what to do with some really
old computers (100MHz PC, Mac Plus, Mac SE, Mac 6100s).  Not really any
place to recycle these guys, so they would prolly end up in a landfill, and
I flatly refuse to put 'em in ANY landfill...i've already put enough crap in
the landfills.  so, what to do...well, I cannibalized what I could from
them, then stuck the mobos on the wall in my garage.  I call it the "wall of
things that don't 'go' anymore".  it's kinda weird, having this wall of
green circuit boards up there, complete with the appropriate RAM modules,
CPUs, cache, etc.  this goes for hard drives, too.  take out the magnets
(they make great "tool magnetizers"), grab any screws you can, then stick
'em on the wall!  it's 'art'.  yay!

-Bob K.

--
Robert E. Karaffa, II