[ale] Linux laptops (dell)

John Wallom csu06450 at mail.clayton.edu
Wed Jul 23 14:01:00 EDT 2003

A few years back Dell offered Redhat on all of there buisness models, Latitude/Optiplex.  They stopped on the laptops and desktops because there was not a market for it.

I am currently writting this using Debian on a Latitude C840 and have had linux on most of the Latitude C series machines.  The only problem I know of is the i810 sound card.  It only supports one application using the device at a time.  The D series is pretty much the same, exept they have the Pentium M and Centrino proccessors.

--
John Wallom