[ale] Abit KD7 MB with audio and lan on board experiances?

Allan Neal allanneal at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 07:11:07 EDT 2003

Has anyone had any experiance with the ABit KD7 Motherboard?  It has a AC'97 coded sound and a realtek RTL8100B 10/100 LAN on board.  I am looking at buying one and wondered if anyone else had any good/bad experiance with this mobo.  I know it isn't absolute cutting edge, but that is OK for me and even better for my pocket book.  I have always had good experiances with the Abit mobo's before so I am mostly concerned with Linux compatibility.  I will be running Gentoo linux with kernel 2.4.21 probably, at least to start with.

I have found other mailing lists messages indicating compatibility with ALSA and a module from RealTek's site and I think I have found  the RealTek Lan card supported by the rtl8136 kernel module.

Please let me know if anyone has had any experiance with this mobo and Linux.

Thanks
Allan Neal

--
Allan Neal