[ale] SCO Tells Linux Users: Time To Pay Up

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Jul 22 17:12:20 EDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Preston Boyington wrote:

<<snip>>
> from what I understand the claim only envolves kernels 2.4 and up.  so I
> take it that 2.6 could be delayed until the code in question is replaced?

Since SCO doesn't seem willing to let the "public" know which code is
considered "tainted", and

Since SCO seems to believe that IBM's "transgression" gives them control
of the whole code base (for contractual reasons, but not being a lawyer I
don't understand that position at all)

I suspect we are in for interesting times.

Since Ale-Central meets at the Law School, does anyone have a way of
encouraging one or more of the students to write-up & present an
appreciation of the situation for the layman?? Hopefully using a broad
magic marker to make the outlines as some of us (me) still have trouble
coloring within the lines 8-).