[ale] Dynamic DNS Client/Server

Matt Smith msmith at risklabs.com
Sun Jul 20 10:16:56 EDT 2003

If one wanted to set up their own Dynamic DNS service (not to compete with
others, just for a specific user group, and free), does anybody know of what
would be required?

>From my research so far, Bind >=8 supports dynamic updates, and there are

"clients" available to send updates, but the trick is it needs to work like
the current services do, where it (not sure which part) determines your
real-world IP even if you're behind a NAT and sends that up to the server...
that's the only piece I think is missing so far.

Any comments/ideas/links?

Thanks!

--Matt

-----
Confidential Information

The information in this e-mail message (including any attachments) is
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the