[ale] Connecting to MS with LDAP

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 17 14:11:57 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 01:52:53PM -0400, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> Thanks.  That's a great idea.  Can you give me some clue as to what I
> should see if it is working?  I've added my server, but I don't see
> anything that says to search a server, or look in a Directory.  How can I
> test to see if it's working?

I don't think there's a way to search LDAP directories directly.  I
haven't looked too hard, though.  When I was experimenting with our
server, I would just edit the directory, then open up the compose window
and type something in the To: field.  I knew I got it right when it
started auto-completing addresses that I knew weren't in my local
address book.  Not the best way to test, I know, but...

Another option, as Ryan suggested, is installing openldap and using its
debugging tools.  That's going to be your best bet if you can't get
things working with mozilla, but expect to spend a *lot* of time
learning the ropes.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9