[ale] LILO error?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Jul 16 10:23:28 EDT 2003

  I have a number of systems I work with which have a cronic problem.
It seems at random times if I reboot or halt one of the machines it has
a good chance, but not guaranteed, to come up with an "LI"...  Some
times when I re-run LILO from a rescue floppy it'll boot fine the next
time but not always.  Even if it does, the next reboot may come up LI
again.

It's Config:

Phoenix Bios
Drive:  ST340016A-(PM) (40Gig)
  Type: auto
  LBA Format
  Multi-Secotr Transfers=[16 Secotrs]
  LBA Mode Control: Enabled
  32 Bit I/O: Enabled
  Transfer Mode: Fast PIO 4
  Ultra DMA Mode: Mode 5

Large Disk Access Mode:  Other

lilo.conf looks like this:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
serial=0,9600n8
prompt
timeout=50
read-only
root=/dev/hda1
append = "console=tty0 console=ttyS0"
lba32

image=/vmlinuz
        label=linux
image=/vmlinuz.old
        label=linux.old

I've tried linear instead of lba32, no change.

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Diagnosis: witzelsucht